It cooled down finally yesterday evening, with some thunder-boomers around, so I took a little time to sit on the porch and knit. I had picked up a skein of this green, yellow and white Lily cotton (Sugar 'n Cream twists) while I was shopping for tan fabric. I've needed new dishcloths, and nothing I can buy is the right size.
I like a small cloth that just fits in my hand, not wrapping around it in the water.
This photo is courtesy of eLoomanator's notebook on Ravelry.The second cloth is eLoomanator's Diagonal Knit Dishcloth in pdf form. I knitted until I had 37 stitches on the needle, rather than the 55 seen in her sample. My cloth turned out to be about 6 1/2 inches square, I'm guessing, and I used size 7 needles. If I had kept up my knitting, I would have been able to quickly figure out how to make the border knitting smaller and the center larger, but alas, I just wanted something quick to knit without involving the old noodle. It's a really pretty pattern when it's balanced, like in her example.