*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sittin' and knittin'

Just a little bit of knitting to keep my hand in.........literally !

It cooled down finally yesterday evening, with some thunder-boomers around, so I took a little time to sit on the porch and knit.  I had picked up a skein of this green, yellow and white Lily cotton (Sugar 'n Cream twists) while I was shopping for tan fabric.  I've needed new dishcloths, and nothing I can buy is the right size.
 I like a small cloth that just fits in my hand, not wrapping around it in the water.
So, here are the two patterns  I knitted. 
The first one is a Feather and Fan cloth........I had a pattern, but changed the stitch count to make it smaller.  I've tried to track down the pattern online for you, but it seems to have been removed.   I just did one set of rippling, with 4 stitches on each side border, and 4 rows of garter-stitch to begin and to end.....26 stitches.
This photo is courtesy of eLoomanator's notebook on Ravelry.
The second cloth is eLoomanator's Diagonal Knit Dishcloth in pdf form.  I knitted until I had 37 stitches on the needle, rather than the 55 seen in her sample.   My cloth turned out to be about 6 1/2 inches square, I'm guessing, and I used size 7 needles.   If I had kept up my knitting, I would have been able to quickly figure out how to make the border knitting smaller and the center larger, but alas, I just wanted something quick to knit without involving the old noodle.  It's a really pretty pattern when it's balanced, like in her example.

3 comments:

  1. They both came out cute, I really like the color. I love greens;) That is just the kind of thing I like to do when it's hot here, like it is today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I also like to knit, but I'm not advanced enough for patterns which require slipping stitches (or anything beyond a basic knit/purl) but yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very, very pretty and I like the smaller size too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !