*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

EDITED -- Tuesday is "APRON (making) DAY"

This week I found an interesting African-inspired print in my drawer of black fabrics........quite an eye-catching apron this made, don't you think ! ? !

This one used what little bit I had left of the tea-bag fabric.......remember it, Jodie?  We used it on the quilts that Kelley made for the soldiers for Christmas of 2005.
On the gardening front, my Oklahoma Marigolds have finally come into their own this year.  There are Gold, Orange, and Red/Orange.  I save the seed from them every year and it's nice to look at them here, and know that they came from my Oklahoma yard. 
I got in on a nice pricing-accident at WalMart the other evening. 
They had these Mandevillas priced at $4.00 when they are usually $10.00.  The man said that the sign was for the hanging baskets, but I saw that the sign was nestled right in the middle of these pots.  The other day one had blown off of the display into the parking lot, and I returned it to it's place, longingly wishing that I could afford one.  

A little piece had broken off, so I took it and tried to root it in water (I think it's working).  The LORD decided to favor me with a misplaced price sign, and the young man said that he was anxious to get rid of some inventory, so he let me have my TWO for $4.00 each ! 
So here's a shot of my little front deck.  The LORD is blessing us everyday as we settle a little more firmly into our temporary home.
Here is the stack of six aprons for Wednesday's visit.
And check out my cousin !   She made an AWESOME apron of her OWN design this past weekend !
Don't we look alike a bit?





7 comments:

  1. you are a lovely apron model...that african print is something else....so hypnotic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers! I love the african apron, it's great. I love unique prints like that. It's so funny, I made an apron this past weekend too, but didn't have time to post it till today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now that I know you made SIX, I wanna see the rest!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the african apron is really FAB
    boy i recognize the fabric in the aprons from a huge old newton wall sale years ago.
    wow, you are still in OK you just arent physically!!!

    jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love a good deal on anything? Pretty flowers! Your aprons are very neat in the completed stack, but I'd like a peek...
    :-} pokey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those look great! The one with the carrots and watermelon are calling to me! I think I need to go and eat;) You are amazing girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I really love the last apron! How cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !